Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here We Go Again

So, here it is. The new blog.

I haven't actually told anyone about this blog. I even thought about keeping it anonymous but that would require creating a new profile, and I'm feeling lazy. And it's not like I have any good secrets to post.

But here is my theory: I'm going to make this a blog about me in my twenties. Sure, I'm starting almost a year late, what with my twenty-first birthday being next month, but I still have ample time to blog.

I blogged all about my semester abroad, which is a good chunk of my twentieth year. But now here comes all the real-world stuff. What happens to me in my last year of college, where I go when I'm thrust into the real world. I definitely don't feel old enough to cope with that. After all, these are my twenties, right? It's that time that all adults look back on fondly.

But here're the scary bits about the twenties:
- My parents got married in their twenties. (And apparently, 81% of women have been married by the time their thirty. So there's that.)
- I have to graduate from college this spring, at 21. I'm supposedly done being educated? In one year?
- I have to write a thesis in my twenties, something I don't want to do, and never should have signed up for.
- My good friend Isaac says, "After twenty one, there's no birthdays to look forward to. Just retirement."
- I have to pick places I want to settle down.
- This might be the only time that I get to go and travel. Like, stay in hostels, stay out all night, avoiding bedbugs (I'll do that for the rest of my life though), drink too much (not too much, concerned readers) sort of traveling. So I have to save up my money and do it.
- After 2013, there are some loans that want to be paid back. That's not scary though. That's terrifying.
- Lots of other things. I just can't think of them. But I'll add them in later.

But this is gonna be a blog about the ups and downs, not just the downs.

But that's it for now, I think. So yeah. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment