Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jacob's Birthday

Oh! I forgot to mention that Friday was Jacob's ninth birthday!

Jacob is the boy I've nannied on and off since the summer of 2007, so I've really gotten to see a big part of his growing-up! Jake is my best friend Ben's little brother, and Emily Dubovy's cousin (another best friend!), so Jacob is family to me.

I didn't get to talk to him, but I heard he got to have a sleepover birthday party! He's a really special little boy, who has been through a lot for a kid his age. I didn't babysit--sorry, Jake, "kid-sit"--Jacob for a lot of the summer, but I definitely have a favorite memory.

Jacob had his best friend Jonathan over for the day, and so they were busy all day, and I barely saw them. I was sitting in the living room while Jacob and Jonathan played video games in the basement, when Jacob came upstairs. He walked over to the couch, and said, "Can I sit with you for a minute?" And he plopped down on the couch next to me, and asked me to hug him because I was warm and he was cold.  Jacob sat with me for just a few minutes, and then was all set, but it melted my heart a little bit. What a sweetie! He's such a good boy, and now he's nine, and in the fourth grade! The FOURTH grade! I remember when he got a note sent home from kindergarten for kissing on the playground (and he did NOT want me to know, but Benny told me anyway)! Man, if Jacob ever reads this when he's older, he might not be pleased by the embarrassing comments...

Oh, well. Here's a picture of me and boy:

No comments:

Post a Comment