Sunday, September 18, 2011

Meg Magee and Poker

My roommate from sophomore year, Meg, invited me to her house for a poker game yesterday afternoon. I had, of course, work I had told myself I was going to do that afternoon, but I opted out. I told myself, "I'll come back and do some later."

Poker was fun! Everyone meant business, and it was a five dollar buy-in. The game lasted a long time, probably two hours, or so, and I thought Meg was going to dominate (picture Scrooge and you can imagine Meg's giant pile of chips), but Matty ended up stealing the game in the end! Cue my time to go back and do work...

I ended up spending the evening with Meg and her friends at her house, not even bothering to consider doing homework. Meg has exceptionally nice friends, and they are also very hospitable. Meg and I had dinner with her friend Ryan on campus, and then ended up spending some time at her house, just hanging out. We went to an 80s theme party--it took twenty minutes to get there, and twenty minutes back, and in the end, we probably stayed only twenty minutes at the actual house. Matty was the only one in "80s" garb (Meg put a lot of hair spray in his hair). In the end, we decided to just go back to Meg's.

When I lived with Meg, we mostly spent time in our room, spying on our neighbors across the road or doing work. I always get to see a new side of Meg when I go out to see her, which is so fun--Meg is so fun.

Now it's Sunday. I got to spend Friday with Emily and Anna: going to the fair with them is definitely something I'll remember for a long time (not to get too sentimental)! Then I spent Saturday with Meg, Matty, Marie, Ryan, and Gus. Over all, I had a really great weekend. I've done some work this afternoon, and soon Emma (the roomie!) will be back from her trip home and we'll catch up on the goss, no doubt. I'm also waiting to hear from Emily Dubovy, because she has had a very eventful weekend she needs to share with me--she went to a Sox game, and got laser eye surgery (which I don't think is a surprise anymore, because it's all done! Her boyfriend Isaac says she now has 20/15 vision!). I have a hefty to-do list for this week, so I'm glad I had such a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment